When visiting Komodo, you will have to cover park entry fees. Typically these are paid at the office in Labuan Bajo, or upon arrival in the parks offices within the park (Rinca and Komodo). The entrance tickets are valid for 3 days.
For visitors, the park charges are :
- Entrance fee Rp 20,000 (conservation fee)
- Local Area Tax Rp 50,000 (paid to the local villages and communities)
- Snorkeling Fee Rp 60,000 (for trips inside the park)
- Diving Fee Rp 75,000 (for any dives made inside the park)
- Photo camera fee: Rp 50,000
- Video camera fee: Rp 150,000
- Ranger/guide: Rp 80,000 (per group)
They could change on short notice. All charges are paid in money in Rupiah, so please prepare yourself by seeing ATM from Labuan Bajo (or where ever you depart from).
Nearly all Komodo Tour operators will have you ever join them in paying for the fees into the park rangers or ask you immediately. The charges will be included by luxury operators .
The majority of these fees benefit the communities directly and indirectly. They help cover patrols of the park to keep illegal fishing, fishing and poachers out, but also for rangers to look after the traffic. Even the “Local prices” go right to the regional villages that have hardly any other sources of revenue — besides being the manuals. So that your money goes to making employment in addition to promoting tourism that is ethical.